Thursday, February 24, 2011

Featured Fashionista: Dominique Marie Man Tiu

1. What does fashion mean to you?
A lot of people will say that fashion is a means of expression; I agree, but that's just an aspect, fashion to me, tells a story. It tells you the story about a person's perspective, a person's taste, a person's attitude, and a person's journey. It's all a matter of knowing where and how to look.


2. What style dress would be good to wear?
Every dress style in itself is good to wear. The question is, on which body type. Trends are not so important but they add charm. At the same time, apart from knowing how to wear your clothes, it's also knowing if you're wearing it at an appropriate time.


3. What brand of shoes you buy?
Depends. For fast fashion, I get affordable brands--F21 and So Fab are my favourite brands for fashion fashion. If I can't find styles that I want, I have them custom-made or I go through various online shops. For classic staples, I go for expensive brands--like Prada, Chloe, Tod's. It really depends. :)


4. Who are some of your favorite designers?
Top of my mind: Nicholas Ghesquiere of Balenciaga, Phoebe Philo of Celine, Zac Posen, Alber Elbaz of Lanvin, Rei Kawakubo of Commes des Garcon, Marc Jacobs of Louis Vuitton, Guiseppe Zanotti for shoes.





Dominique's Blog:


Twitter:


No comments:

Post a Comment