Monday, March 21, 2011

Featured Fashionista: Amanda Alegre


1. What does fashion mean to you?
I use fashion as a way to let people know who I am at first glance. I use fashion as both self-expression and a creative outlet. When school gets hectic, fashion keeps me sane because it allows me to be me, for me. When i dress up and feel comfortable and confident in what i'm wearing, It gives me a feeling of optimism for the day/night ahead!



2. What style dress would be good to wear?
- I'm a sucker for little black dresses. It's classic and elegant and can be used in so many ways - whether it be alone, with a nice printed blazer, tights, high socks or with complimentary accessories. PLus, i really believe that everyone looks great in LBDs. I definitely consider that a timeless must-have. Keeping LBD's could never be a waste of closet space!



3. What brand of shoes you buy?
I'm actually very, very thrifty. So much so, in fact, that I never want to spend more than I need to on the clothes and shoes I wear. I'm a self-proclaimed online shopping addict. I buy almost all my heels/wedges online. From time to time, I do treat myself to a nice pair of shoes from Forever 21, or when i'm abroad, H&M and Cotton On, but most of the time, I am very complacent with buying from online stores which usually go for only 1 to 2 thousand pesos.



4. Who are some of your favorite designers?
My favorite designer is Herve Leger. I think his designs are so sexy and can make any woman look amazing. I love his take on bondage dresses and his brilliant use of asymmetry. My Senior ball dress was actually inspired by one of his designs and to this day, it is still one of my favorite dresses that I own. I also love Max Azria and at times, Versace and Oscar de la Renta.







Amanda's Tumblr:


Chictopia:


No comments:

Post a Comment