Monday, March 28, 2011

Featured Fashionista: Angiekje

1. What does fashion mean to you?
To me fashion is a form of self expression in the same way any art form is. There are so many possibilities, everything is allowed and it is impossible to go around fashion… it is everywhere. From the shiny covers of magazines to the girl that is sitting next you on the bus, the way people dress is what people talk about. Even the ones who aren’t into fashion at all cannot help themselves when discussing high waisted shorts some other girl is wearing.
This might even mean that to me fashion is the most popular form of art, with people who aren’t bitten by the virus still having strong opinions about it.



2. What style dress would be good to wear?
Lately I have been into dresses, I think Annebeth’s love for them rubbed off on me. They are the most friendly type of clothing, since you can gain a few pounds and they won’t tell. So what would be my style of dress. I have a wasp waist (it still surprises me on a regular basis, how different my upper part is to the lower part of my body), so I think all kinds of dresses with an empire waistline suit me best. If the lower part of the dress is poofy instead of straight, that would often be even better, since it hides away the hips and booty.



3. What brand of shoes you buy?
I have a lot of shoes, I don’t think there is one brand in particular that I buy more often. I used to be very difficult in choosing the right shoe so at one point I just decided that whenever I really liked a shoe I should buy it. Lately I bought most shoes from Friis & Cie, but as long as they look good it doesn’t really matter.



4. Who are some of your favorite designers?
My favourite designers are (let’s start with the ones who are from Belgium as well): Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, DKNY, Lanvin (also because of their work for H&M) and Stella McCartney. I would like to make this list complete by saying that I’m gaining an interest in Vivienne Westwood’s collection, because of the wonderful pieces YOUTHAGAINSTFASHION (http://www.chictopia.com/YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON) has been showing us on Chictopia. And it feels only fair to add that I personally don’t have the money to buy clothes from any designers, if I really want a piece I just wait for sales. That’s how I got the Lanvin for H&M dress for only € 30,00 (instead of € 200) and how I got the Christophe Coppens bow tie for only € 6.








Angiekje's Blog:


Chictopia:

1 comment: