Thursday, April 21, 2011

Featured Fashionista: Hope Adela Pasztor

1.What does fashion mean to you?

To me, fashion is a magical outlet to express one's artistic creativity. Magical, you say? Yes, it does sound cheesey, but I regard fashion as being magical, primarily because most people do not see the artisitc potential in putting together outfits. When you do discover the beauty of fashion and personal style, it's like unearthing a mythical treasure; something precious and beautiful that's only known and possessed by a few people. The whole concept kind of reminds me of elusive magical objects in fantasy stories and faerie-tales, like the One Ring in Lord of the Rings, Cinderella's glass slipper, or the rose from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.



2. What style dress would be good to wear?

My favorite types of dresses are 1950's style numbers: a fitted bodice and belted waist with a graceful and feminine skirt (under which hides a nifty crionline). I love that style of dress and the 1950's sillouette in general because it's so flattering to the female body type. It looks good on nearly everyone!




3. What brand of shoes you buy?

I usually just get my shoes at Ross or Forever21. Both stores have great prices and really asthetic en vogue styles at affordable prices.



4. Who are some of your favorite designers?

I really like the eerie yet dreamy romantic quality of Rodarte. I also love John Galliano because of his over-the-top eccentricity and imaginitve innovation. I most admire Betsey Johnson; I love her funky 1950's signature party dresses and the way she really promotes the idea that fashion and fun can mix. I attended my first Betsey Johnson show this past month at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NYC. So many (if not all) designers sent their models stomping down the catwalk glaring angrily wearing boring neutrals, but Betsey made her show fun and engaging to the audience. IT just wasn't a fashion show---it was live entertainment!







Hope's Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment